The Day to celebrate the simple emotion known as Love. Labelled as 'Emergency day' to some who loathe this holiday, some people find it as the opportunity to become the hopeless romantic that every girl either hates or wishes their current boyfriend was, something like that, Other's think it's a conspiracy created by card & chocolate companies to get sales. Anyway, I was curious to find out how Valentine's Day came to be, so I looked it up & this is what came up;
Valentine's Day is a public holiday which is celebrated on the 14 of February. Tradition that on the day, people would send Roses, cards &/or candy to their sweetheart as a way of expressing their feelings towards each other. Valentine's day, named after two Christian Martyrs named Valentine, it was devoted to romantic love in the time whn the tradition of Courtly [casually known as "Chasing] Love was 'in bloom.'
yeah, I got bored one day and decided to research on something pointless, heh, well, personally, I'm one of those guys, you know, those hopeless romantics, only thing is, I'm the unsuccessful one! Well, Valentine's day just reminds me of a mistake that happened in that day, a year back, today will be-- Secret --. it's too personal to be on this thing, but, I don't want to think about it too long.
Oh, just a reminder, an exact month from now is White Day, a holiday celebrated in Japan to counter Valentine's Day; Reason being, the custom in Japan is that girls will buy chocolate for their boyfriends or love interest. White Day is the appreciation day where boys give something White back, as a sign of thanks for the chocolate.
well, Have a good one people! Happy Valentine's Day!!!
Thursday, February 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment